What you need to know.
Please arrive at our studio 5 minutes prior to your scan. This allows us to complete relevant paperwork and answer any questions you may have.
For early scans up to and including 16 weeks please have a full bladder, water is available in the clinic if you need to top up!
To enable us to obtain the best pictures possible of your baby please have something sugary to eat (unless diabetic) and drink lots of fluids at least 30 minutes prior to your scan. This will give your baby extra energy!
We recommend you increase your fluid intake 48 hours prior to your scan so that you are well hydrated.
Travelling in a car can make baby sleepy, a few gentle movements on leaving the car should wake baby up prior to the scan.
Unfortunately some babies do not perform as much as we would like to on the day. If your baby is in an awkward position for us to scan we will ask you to go for a short walk and sample our candy bar and re-scan you on the same day. If baby is still misbehaving we will arrange one further scan free of charge.
Please note we have seating for 5 people including your partner. We don't mind if extra guest are willing to stand, the more the merrier. Also, we try our very best to stick to our allocated scan times, but unfortunately babies have other ideas and we can sometimes run a little late.
prior to your scan we will require you to read and agree to the following:
1. Our scan packages provide an extra bonding session between you and your baby. Our scans should be used in conjunction with your NHS scan, we strongly recommend you attend your local hospital for your routine Booking and Anomaly scan.
2. Sex identification can never be 100% guaranteed. Our sonographers are highly trained and will always endeavour to gender babies correctly. If you do not wish to know the gender of your baby we will try our very best not disclose this information during the scan.
3. Due to the nature of ultrasound, there are several factors which can affect the quality of your babies scan image. These include above average BMI, excess adipose tissue, the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding your baby and your baby’s position during your scan. We have no control over how the pre-mentioned affect the quality of your scan image and no re-scan will be offered if image quality is affected due to the pre-mentioned factors.
4. We will always endeavour to do our best to obtain the images required on the day of your appointment, however if this is not possible we will offer one further appointment subject to availability, at no extra cost.
5. All scans must to be paid in full prior to the scan commencing.
6. The purpose of your scan booked with us is Non - Diagnostic. We will not routinely look for abnormality during your scan, we may however find some variation from normality. If we do find anything we are concerned about we will inform you of this on the day and give you a written report. You Must then inform your midwife or Fetal medicine team of our findings.
7. We cannot be held responsible for misdiagnosing a fetal anomaly.
Our scans are performed within a professional environment by qualified staff. Our Sonographers hold post-graduate qualifications in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound and are registered with a professional body, these include the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Society of Radiographers (SOR).
Our studio follows the A.L.A.R.A principle to limit exposure to "as low as reasonably achievable". Our machines are set to the lowest power setting whilst still achieving optimum images of your baby.